Last Updated: February 14, 2011
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information from you in various ways. We collect personal information you directly provide to us online, in our stores and through your other interactions with us. For example, we collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, demographics and other information you provide us or allow us to collect from you. We also collect credit card numbers if you purchase our products and services. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you.
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
If you set your browser not to accept cookies or if you reject a cookie, it may affect certain features or services of our Sites.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons, or "gifs," are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We use third party cookies and web beacons to help us compile aggregated statistics about our Sites. We receive assurances from those third parties that they will not collect or access your personal information on our Sites.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information we collect for purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you in other ways including on our Sites, in our stores, or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
• provide and deliver products and services;
• send you information related to products and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Montrail and our selected partners;
• operate and improve our Sites and services;
• process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
• manage and administer our community features and member programs and services;
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Montrail may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Certain sections of our Sites are designed as open and public community areas for connecting and sharing with other people. When you sign up for or participate in these areas you will be asked to provide certain information that may be displayed publicly along with photos, stories, posts, and other information you choose to provide. We may also post or publish your information when you submit comments, stories, photos, and videos in connection with surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions offered on the Sites.
We do not otherwise share your personal information with third parties except as follows:
• in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
• with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
• with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
• in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Montrail takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Montrail by following the instructions in those emails. If you choose to opt out of promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information or our Policy or privacy practices by writing us at:
14375 N.W. Science Park Dr.
Portland, OR 97229
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Montrail may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
Montrail complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Montrail has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Montrail ’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/